- The Shannon Group is committed to protecting your privacy and has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the website at URL: www.shannontraining.com.
- The Shannon Group does not disclose visitors’ information to third parties.
- Any information that you provide us with, whether it be business or personal information (such as your name or address), cannot be seen by third parties.
- This site may at times contain links to other, third party websites; The Shannon Group is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- This privacy statement is not presented as a legally binding contract.
Information we collect and use
- There are sections in our website where we may ask you to register in order to gain access to high value documents, or to be able to download various items, or to make contact with The Shannon Group. Any information you provide will remain the secured property of The Shannon Group. Under no circumstances will it be sold or rented to any third party. The Shannon Group may, however, use your contact information to send you any information you have specifically requested or any other information or news about our company and services. Your details maybe used in an aggregated form for marketing analysis of our website traffic.
- In addition to any personal information you may provide, The Shannon Group may, on occasion use software or other tools that enable the collection of relevant technical information, for example the IP address (Internet protocol) (IP), the operating system deployed on your computer, the browser used for access, various traffic patterns, as well as the address of any referring websites. The Shannon Group always traces how a visitor arrives at the The Shannon Group website, however we will not attempt to gather information from websites that you have visited prior to visiting The Shannon Group website.
Use of personal information
The Shannon Group may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to use the site without repeatedly entering passwords or logins.
- To provide information or services that you have requested.
- To help us manage our content to ensure it is relevant and appropriate to you.
- To alert you to company news, product upgrades, other updated information and new products and services from The Shannon Group.
Hyperlinks to other websites:
- The Shannon Group may provide links on our site that direct to external, third party websites.
- We have no control over the content other sites, nor the usage of information they gather.
- We recommend that you always review the privacy policies at any third party sites you visit; they may not follow the same policies as us.
- Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor.
This site gives users the following options to discontinue receiving future communications by any of the following means:
- Send an e-mail to our client services team indicating your request to be unsubscribed from a specific list.
- In writing to: Client Services, Shannon Training, Dromenagh Farm, Seven Hills Road, Iver, Buckinghamshire, SL0 0PA
- You can call our client services team on this telephone number: 01895 448111.
The Shannon Group website cookie
- The website cookie allows our website to recognise each subsequent request from your browser as being the same browser that made the initial request to our website.
- The cookie itself is a very small text file that is stored on your device (for example, your PC or your phone) by your web browser. It contains a simple text code that your browser sends back to our website each time you browse to a new page. This allows the website to look up your specific session and associate data for that session with your browser. The data itself is not stored in your cookie but on the server(s) operating the website.
- The session cookie provides the ability for you to log on to our website using your unique user name (or e-mail address) and password.
- The session cookie provides the means to remember your log on state and hence your discussion forum preferences, such as your nickname and the date of your last post.
- The session cookie provides the means to remember that you have submitted a form so that you are not asked to re-submit it.
- The session cookie provides the means to remember whether you have ‘like’d our Facebook page.
- Information about these cookies and how to reject or delete them: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html and http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-analytics.
How to control and delete cookies
- To find out more about cookies and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
- Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of The Shannon Group website.